Persuasive writing is writing where you try to convince someone to take a particular issue on a point of voice. Persuasive writing may be designed to convince the reader to take your position on a particular issue or may be designed to convince the reader to take a certain action.
Persuasive writing is very common in advertising where marketing professionals try to convince you to buy something. Persuasive writing can also be used in lots of other situations as well.
Here are some examples of persuasive writing.
- Brand of chips is the crispiest, crunchiest and most delicious brand of chips you will ever taste. Buy a bag today.
- A vacation to Florida is an experience you will never forget, offering sun, fun and beautiful beaches. Book your trip today.
- An ABC mattress is the most comfortable bed you will ever sleep on. You'll feel as if you are sleeping on a cloud. Give the bed a try today.
- XYZ dog food is sure to make your dog's tail wag. If you truly love your dog, you'll give this brand a try today.
- Our store has the lowest prices and the best selection of all of the stores in the town. Visit us today to see our great selection.
- All of the cool kids are wearing clothes from XXX Store. If you want to fit in with the in-crowd, you should be sure to shop here too.
- Our headache medication will get rid of your headache for five hours with just one pill and has fewer side effects than other similar medications. Try it today.
In each of these examples, the writing is trying to get you to do something or support something by explaining a reason to do it or a benefit or advantage to taking an action.